Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
The Town of Drayton Valley offers waste and recycling curbside collection services to residential households on a weekly basis. The Aspen Waste Management facility is also available for all community members to utilize during regular operating hours.
The Town’s curbside collection services are provided by Environmental 360 Solutions. If your waste was not collected and you believe you followed correct procedures, call E360S at 1-403-341-9300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following items are accepted at the Aspen Waste Management Facility:
- Plastic film, wrappers or toys
- Plastic bags (empty grocery bags, ziploc bags, etc.)
- Miscellaneous pieces of plastic/ plastic items
- Lids (incl. tin, glass and plastic lids)
- Soiled tissue/papertowel
- Un-rinsed food containers
- Food or yard waste
- Bubble Wrap
For a list of restricted items, visit Aspen Waste Management’s Website: http://aspenwastemanagement.ca/restricted-waste
Aspen Waste Management (Landfill)
Hours of Operation
Monday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed Christmas Day
Closed Boxing Day
Closed New Year’s Day
Tips to ensure that your waste is collected
Here are some tips to ensure that your waste is collected as per the Town of Drayton Valley’s Waste Management Bylaw
Section 3: Preparation of Waste Matter for Collection
- All Waste Materials will be deposited in the Container designated and supplied by the Town for Waste Materials but limited to the capacity of the Container with the lid closed.
Section 4 Collection, Location, Storage and Scheduling
- The collection location of the cart shall be the front street and curbside where lane access is not available
- Place the cart at the front of the premises immediately adjacent to the curb and/or sidewalk, but not to exceed 1.50 meters from the property line
- Where lane pickup is available, the cart shall be located at the rear of the property within 1.50 meters from the property line
- Carts must be a least 1.0 meter from everything around it
- Place in back lane or at front curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day
- Place your cart so that there is at least 1 metre (3 ft) of space between your carts and other objects (e.g. parked cars, power poles, utility boxes)
- Leave 3 meters (10 ft) of space above the carts. If carts are placed underneath a tree or power line they cannot be collected safely
- Place your cart so the arrow on the lid points toward the street/alley
- Please remove your carts from the roadway by 9:00 pm on collection day
- Ensure the lid on the waste cart is fully closed.
As per the Town of Drayton Valley’s Waste Management Bylaw
Section 4, subsection 4.6:
Householders may obtain either a replacement tote with a larger capacity, or one more additional tote, and the householder shall be obligated to pay an additional service fee to the contractor directly.
Section 4, subsection 4.7:
The householder shall maintain all totes supplied by the Town in a clean and sanitary condition at all times, and shall notify the Town Engineer or his designate of any lost, stolen or damaged totes and obtain a replacement and shall be obligated to pay for the replacement.
The cost to replace a tote is $90.00+GST
Each household in Drayton Valley was provided with a new garbage bin. If your household has more than one bin, we ask that you please call the Town to have this bin registered and signed up for a second subscription, or we will come and remove the bin free of charge! Our garbage provider will only collect garbage in the assigned bins, and will only collect one bin per household unless correctly registered!
If you did not receive an updated bin and are still utilizing an old bin, please contact the Town at 780-514-2200 and we will arrange for this bin to be replaced with the correct new one! If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact the Town at 780-514-2200!
STOLEN WASTE TOTES
If you believe that your tote has been stolen, please call the RCMP to report the theft. The police report can be presented to Public Works who will work with the contractor to have a new tote delivered to your home.