Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
The Town of Drayton Valley’s Animal Control Bylaw 2014-01-A provides for the licensing, care and control of domestic animals in the Town of Drayton Valley.
To contact Animal Control, please call 780-202-3512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Animal Control is available after hours and weekends for emergency calls only.
Lost and Found Animals
Lost animals who have been picked up by Animal Control will be housed at the animal control holding facility located at 5517-53rd Avenue in Drayton Valley.
When possible lost animals will be posted on the Town of Drayton Valley’s Facebook page with a description and a location of where the animal was picked up in an effort to reunite the animal with it’s owner.
What should you do if you find a lost animal?
1) Assess the situation. If collecting the animal puts your safety at risk, do not attempt to do so. However, if you can easily and safely get the animal, please do.
2) Please always consider the scenario and surroundings. See if there is an owner out looking for the animal. If you suspect that the animal is a nursing mother, try to find the babies. Saving one, but abandoning the rest is something we want to avoid.
3) You can temporarily hold him/her and attempt to reunite them with the owner by posting on local animal pages. You can also call your municipality’s Animal Control officer. Please take pictures if you are able to as this will help owners find them.
4) No person shall trap animals if the temperature is 0 degrees celsius or below. Town traps will be checked hourly, closed by 11:00 pm and re-opened at 6:00 am the following day. The Town of Drayton Valley will only be responsible for town traps and will not assume custody of animals trapped in any other trap than a trap owned by the Town of Drayton Valley.
* Please note that we only do domestic animals. If you find wild animals, please contact WILDNorth (780-914-4118) or Fish and Wildlife (780-542-6616). Some animals do not need to be moved. So, do your research on when to help a wild animal.
Town of Drayton Valley 780-202-3512
– Responds to any dog & cat calls
Brazeau County 780-514-0372
– Responds to dog and livestock calls
– Sent out by Brazeau County
Facebook pages to post lost or found animals:
Drayton Valley Animal Connection
Drayton Valley Lost and Found
Lost Pets in Alberta, Canada