Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
The Town of Drayton Valley’s Animal Control Bylaw 2014-01-A provides for the licensing, care and control of domestic animals in the Town of Drayton Valley.
The Town of Drayton Valley has a contracted Cause for Critters for the enforcement of the Town’s Animal Control Bylaw. For more information, please call the Animal Control at 780-898-PAWS (7297)
Lost and Found Animals
Lost animals who have been picked up by Animal Control will be housed at the animal control holding facility located at 5517-53rd Avenue in Drayton Valley.
When possible lost animals will be posted on the Town of Drayton Valley’s Facebook page with a description and a location where the animal was picked up in a effort to reunite the animal with it’s owner.
Cause for Critters will also provide for the day-to-day care of animals picked up as part of their Animal Control contract. This will supplement existing animal control services to maximize the reach and focus of this service. Cause for Critters is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all animals in their care.
What should you do if you find a lost animal?
1) Assess the situation. If collecting the animal puts your safety at risk, do not attempt to do so. However, if you can easily and safely get the animal, please do.
2) Please always consider the scenario and surroundings. See if there is an owner out looking for the animal. If you suspect that the animal is a nursing mother, try to find the babies. Saving one, but abandoning the rest is something we want to avoid.
3) You can temporarily hold him/her and attempt to reunite them with the owner by posting on local animal pages. You can also call your district’s Animal Control officer. Please take pictures if you are able to as this will help owners find them.
Never trap animals. This is against the bylaws for our area. Trapping must always be done by your district’s Animal Control officer. Any complaints can be brought to the attention of Animal Control.
* Please note that we only do domestic animals. If you find wild animals, please contact WILDNorth (780-914-4118) or Fish and Wildlife (780-542-6616). Some animals do not need to be moved. So, do your research on when to help a wild animal.
Town of Drayton Valley 780-234-6369
– Responds to any dog & cat calls
– Sent out by Cause for Critters
– Dogs & cats housed at Cause for Critters
Brazeau County 780-514-0372
– Responds to dog and livestock calls
– Sent out by Brazeau County
– Dogs housed at Cause for Critters
Facebook pages to post lost or found animals:
Drayton Valley Animal Connection
Drayton Valley Lost and Found
Lost Pets in Alberta, Canada