Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Town of Drayton Valley Boards & Committees
The Municipal Government Act provides for the establishment of any board considered desirable for the purpose of managing and operating, and advising in the management and operation of, any branch or any department of the Municipality’s services.
The formation of internal committees is a way for Councillors to gain valuable insight from area residents into matters affecting the community. These committees also serve as an opportunity for community members to provide their feedback and recommendations to Council. Each of these committees operates under the regulations stipulated in by-laws approved by Council. Members at large as well as members of Council are appointed to each committee by formal resolution of Council.
External committees are those that have been set up by foundations, organizations or groups that operate independently of the Town. Members at large are decided by each committee with members of Town Council being appointed to each of these committees by formal resolution of Council. The purpose of these committees is for members to collaborate and work towards the continued success of their organization or to see new projects reach their goals.
The Town of Drayton Valley and Town Council operates and/or sits on a number of Committees and Boards that are designed to enhance the community and allow for members of the public to participate.
To see a full list of Council members appointed to the Committees and Boards, please click here: 2018-2019 Council Committee Appointments
To see a list of Committee descriptions please click here:2018-19 Committee Descriptions
- Alberta Hemp Alliance (AHA)
- Aquatic Facility Committee
- Brazeau Foundation Board (BF)
- Childcare Operational Board (Early Childhood Development Centre Board)
- Drayton Valley Community Foundation (DVCF)
- Drayton Valley Hospitality and Tourism Authority (DVHTA)
- Drayton Valley Multicultural Association
- Drayton Valley Municipal Library (DVML) Board
- Eagle Point Blue Rapids (EPBR) Parks Council
- Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Advisory Board
- Healthy Communities Coalition (HCC)
- Homelessness and Poverty Reduction Strategy Committee
- Mayor’s Advisory Committee
- North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance (NSWA) / Headwaters
- Pembina Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB)
- Yellowhead Regional Library (YRL) Board
To apply to be a member for any of the committees, fill out the Board/Committee Membership Application Form: Board Committee Application Form – Printer Friendly