Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Aspen Waste Management Facility
The Aspen Waste Management Facility located on HWY 22 and 58 Ave in Drayton Valley
accepts non-hazardous waste materials from residents in the Drayton Valley area.
The Aspen Waste Management Facility also houses the Materials Recovery Facility and the Take It or Leave it Centre
The Aspen Waste Management Facility operates a Material Recovery Facility that serves as a drop off point for Recyclables and Household Hazardous Waste.
Paint and E-waste (TV’s, computers etc.) can be brought to the facility at no charge to the hauler as long as the material is not brought in with other chargeable materials.
Take it or Leave it Centre
*Please note the Take it or Leave it Centre is closed until further notice due to concerns around the COVID-19 pandemic.
Located at the Aspen Waste Management Facility, The Take it or Leave it Centre is available for residents in our region to drop off or pick-up items in good condition for free! Some of the items available at the Take it or Leave it Centre are pictured below.
Residential Yard Waste Drop-off
Yard waste can be dropped off at the Aspen Waste Management Facility(AWMF) during regular business hours. This is a free service for residential yard waste that includes: grass clippings, leaves, and small branches. Yard waste must be removed from plastic bags prior to placing in the bin. This service is available yearly from early spring until late fall.
NOTE: Household Waste does not include shingles, decks, fences or household renovations. These items will be charged to the hauler.
Household waste includes the following:
- Mattresses, beds and furniture
- Appliances and CFC Units
- Organic waste—branches and roots not accepted at the compost facility
- Grass, leaves and wood chips dropped off at the compost facility
- Recyclables of marginal value (tin, plastic, glass and milk cartons)
- Oil containers and batteries dropped off in the compound shed
- Empty, dry paint cans
- Household waste does not include hazardous waste, visible recyclables (cardboard, newspaper, mixed paper, plastic milk jugs and oil containers) or the following items:
- Commercial demolition – shingles, decks, fences, concrete or household renovations (drywall, flooring, wood debris and contaminated cardboard)
- Scrap metals
- Clean concrete (no rebar)