Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Drayton Valley Enforcement Services works collaboratively with other law enforcement partners to identify high-risk locations and behaviours. This information is used to help target enforcement efforts to increase traffic safety in the community.
When conducting traffic safety enforcement, Peace Officers may do so in a variety of ways. This includes roving patrols, static patrols and traffic safety operations.
In addition, Drayton Valley Enforcement Services uses speed signs to help educate motorists regarding their speed. Locations are determined by Enforcement Services both on officer observations as well as complaints from the public regarding speed.
We are dedicated to promoting safe driving habits and reducing collisions on the roads. Whether you are a driver, pedestrian, cyclist, or motorcyclist, we want everyone to stay safe on our roads. Drive safe, arrive safe!
Obey Traffic Laws
- Follow posted speed limits, traffic signals, and stop signs/lights
- Always wear your seatbelt and ensure all passengers are properly restrained, including children
- Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Avoid distracted driving – keep your eyes on the road and avoid using cell phones or engaging in other distracted driving activities
Be Weather Wise
- Be aware of changing weather conditions and adjust your driving accordingly
- Slow down and maintain a safe following distance in all weather conditions, especially during adverse conditions such as heavy rain, snow, or fog
- Ensure your vehicle is equipped with proper tires and lights for winter driving
Share the Road!
- Respect all other road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, and motorcyclists
- Give cyclists and pedestrians plenty of space and always yield to them when required
- Check blind spots and use signals when changing lanes or turning to avoid collisions with other road users
- Regularly maintain you vehicle to ensure it is in good condition and safe to drive
- Check your tires, brakes, lights and other essential systems regularly, and fix issues promptly
- Keep your windshield and windows clean and clear for optimal visibility
Plan Your Route
- Plan your route ahead of time and be aware of high traffic areas or construction zones
- Allow extra time for unexpected delays or detours
- Follow recommended detours and traffic signs for your safety and the safety of others
Stay Calm and Patient
- Stay calm and avoid aggressive driving behaviours such as speeding, tailgating, or road rage
- Remember that driving is a shared responsibility and everyone on the road deserves respect and consideration
- Report any unsafe riving behaviours or road hazards to the appropriate agency
The maximum speed limit in school zones in the Town of Drayton Valley is 30 kilometres per hour. School zones are in effect on school days, continuously between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. School zones end where a traffic sign indicated either a higher maximum speed, or the end of the school zone.
The maximum speed limit in playground zones in the Town of Drayton Valley is 30 kilometres per hour. Playground zones are in effect 7 days a week, from 8:30 a.m. to 1-hour after sunset. Playground zones end where a traffic sign indicates either a higher maximum speed or the end of the playground zone.
Remember, safe driving is everyone’s responsibility. Let’s work together to make our roads safer for everyone!