Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Waste Collection Services
The Town of Drayton Valley offers waste and recycling curbside collection services to residential households on a weekly basis. The Aspen Waste Management Facility is also available for all community members to utilize during regular operating hours.
On October 31, 2022, the Town of Drayton Valley will begin waste collection services with a new service provider, Integrity Waste Solutions. This will introduce some changes to residential curbside collection.
These changes include:
- Waste collection will change from Thursday/Friday to Monday/Wednesday/Thursday based on your location
- Recycling pickup will be on Mondays
For the map outlining your pickup area and collection day, as well as other pertinent info for waste collection, click below.
For additional waste services, refuse can be brought to the Aspen Waste Management Facility. The landfill is open Monday-Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information about landfill hours, including holiday closures, and address, visit http://aspenwastemanagement.ca/contact-us.
Make Sure Your Waste is Collected
To ensure your garbage and recycling is picked up on your collection day, use the following tips:
- ensure your garbage bin is in the correct location and has at least 1 metre of clearance on all sides, and above
- ensure your bin is out for collection by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day
- ensure your bin is free of ice and snow during the winter months
- place your bin so that the arrows are pointing towards the street, and the wheels are closest to the curb
- all waste must be bagged and inside the bin with the lid fully closed, overflowing carts will not be collected
If you believe that your tote has been stolen, please call the RCMP to report the theft. The police report can be presented to Public Works who will work with the contractor to have a new tote delivered to your home.
Each household in Drayton Valley is provided with one garbage bin. Households may obtain an additional bin for a fee of $90.00+GST. Households must maintain all totes supplied by the Town in a clean and sanitary condition at all times.
For more information, please contact the Town at 780-514-2200.
Recycling pickup is now on Mondays. On your collection day, please have your recycling curbside by 7:00 a.m. Blue bags should be a bin width from your waste bin, as demonstrated in the below graphic, and placed along the sidewalk/curb to the left of the bin and visible from the road. You can put out as many blue bags as you like – there is no limit! Recyclables must be in blue recycling bags. Recyclables in garbage bags, clear bags, or other containers will not be collected.
Recycling collection will happen as normal on statutory holiday Mondays with the exception of Christmas Day and New Years Day should they occur on a weekday. In the event that there are changes to collection, sufficient notice will be provided to residents.
The following items can be included in your blue recycling bags for curbside collection:
- Newsprint/Heavy Paper – newspaper, magazines, phone books, catalogues, flyers
- Mixed Paper – office paper, junk mail, shredded paper, etc.
- Boxboard – cereal boxes, pasta boxes, etc.
- Containers – food cans, beverage containers, hard plastic #1-7, deposit items
- Corrugated Cardboard – flattened and folded beneath the blue bag; no larger than 2 ft. by 3 ft. (60 cm x 90 cm)
Recycling can also be dropped off at the Recycling Depot, located at the Aspen Waste Management Facility. For more information about recycling in Drayton Valley, visit http://www.draytonvalley.ca/recycling-2/.
To view the Town of Drayton Valley’s Waste Management Bylaw, click here.