Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
The Town of Drayton Valley is very serious about recycling. We are working hard to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills. Through innovative recycling programs, Drayton Valley aims to be a leader in protecting the natural beauty of our community. A successful recycling program is a team effort. Residents are encouraged to make the decision to reduce, reuse and recycle before garbage is taken out. Recyclables will be collected and delivered to a processor that turns them into high-quality raw materials.
The Town’s curbside collection services are provided by Environmental 360 Solutions. If your waste was not collected and you believe you followed correct procedures, call E360S at 1-403-341-9300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CURBSIDE BLUE BAG ITEMS
Don’t throw it away, it can be used in some other way! Review the following list for items that are accepted or not accepted in your blue bag that is placed out for curbside collection.
Make sure blue bags are not over 35 lbs or they will rip. A good rule of thumb is if it contains fibre, household plastic (#1-7), tin/aluminum, beverage container it can be recycled.
|Clean Tin/Aluminum Cans and Plates||
|Non-Glass Drink Containers||
Please note: These items are all refundable bottles and drink containers that can also be taken to the bottle depot.
ALL RECYCLING MUST BE CLEAN. NO STYROFOAM, NO GLASS, NO PLASTIC BAGS/FILM.
Here are some tips to make your recycling efforts more effective:
|CELL PHONES||TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT CENTRE||MATERIAL RECOVERY FACILITY|
Cell Phones can be recycled at the Material Recovery Facility at the Aspen Waste Management Facility
The Take It Or Leave It Centre is located at the Aspen Waste Management Facility (Landfill) on the left just as you enter the Landfill.
can be left at the Take It Or Leave It Centre. You can also pick up FREE items from the Take It Or Leave It Centre anytime during regular operating hours.
The Aspen Waste Management Facility also operates a Material Recovery Facility (MRF) that collects recyclable material and household hazardous waste. Eligible paint and E-waste can be brought to the facility at no charge as long as the material is not brought in with other chargeable materials.
The Material Recovery Facility accepts the following items:
Why wasn’t my recycling picked up on collection day?
As per the Town of Drayton Valley’s Waste Management Bylaw 2019-02-E,
section 5, subsection 5.2: blue bag service will not be provided if:
- Blue bags are improperly placed or obstructed from collection
- Blue bags contain prohibited material
- Blue bags are contaminated with food or other organic or prohibited material
To ensure that your blue bag recycling is collected
Here are some tips to ensure that your blue bag recycling is collected as per the Town of Drayton Valley’s Waste Management Bylaw 2019-02-E
Section 3: Preparation of Waste Matter for Collection
- All blue bag recyclables will be placed in blue translucent bags and securely tied
- Large corrugated cardboard will be flattened, tied and placed under blue bags
Section 4: Collection, Location, Storage and Scheduling
- The collection for blue bag recyclables shall be the front street and curbside where lane access is not available
- Place blue bags at the front of the premises immediately adjacent to the curb and/or sidewalk, but not to exceed 1.50 meters from municipal roadways and or property line
- Where lane pickup is available, the blue bag recyclables shall be located at the rear of the property within 1.50 meters from the property line
- The blue bag must be a least 1.0 meter from everything around it
- Place in back lane or at front curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day
If you wish to drop off your own recycling, the Recycling Depot is located at the Aspen Waste Management Facility
Drayton Valley Recycling Depot Location
Here you can drop off your glass, cardboard, paper, and mixed container recycling.
For information on Aspen Waste Management’s (Landfill) hours of operation and location, click here.