Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Subdivision and Development Appeals
The Subdivision and Development Appeal Board quasi-judicial board established under the Municipal Government Act that consists of five (5) members at large. The purpose of the board is to hear and decide on appeals regarding subdivision, development permit and stop order decisions that have been made by the Development Officer.
Appeals shall be submitted on the applicable appeal form (see application link below) and accompanied with the appropriate fees in that are in accordance with the Town of Drayton Valley’s Fee Schedule.
June 12, 2020
Notice of Hearing June 12, 2020
Agenda June 12, 2020
Notice of Hearing May 28, 2020
Agenda May 28, 2020
Additional Materials Received at Hearing on May 28, 2020
Who can submit an appeal?
The following may file an application of subdivision appeal:
- The applicant; or
- Any government department to which the application was required to be referred; or
- Council of the municipality, if the municipality is not the subdivision authority; or
- A school authority
The following may file an application of development appeal:
- The applicant; or
- Any person who is affected by the development permit
The following may file an application in regards to a Stop Order:
- The registered owner of the property; or
- The person responsible for the contraventions; and
- The person in possession of the land or building (such as the lessor)
When does an appeal need to be submitted by?
A Subdivision Appeal can be filed within 14 days after receipt of the written decision of the Subdivision Authority. The date of receipt of the decision is deemed to be 7 days from the date the Decision is mailed.
A Development Permit Appeal can be filed within the 21 day appeal period.
What needs to be included in an appeal?
Your appeal must include the following:
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board – Notice of Appeal Form which must be submitted in writing and include:
- Your name, signature, and contact information,
- The file number and/or legal description of the project, and
- The specific reasons for appeal.
- The appeal fee as set out in the Town of Drayton Valley’s Fee Schedule.
If any part of the requirements is missing at the appeal deadline, the appeal will be void and not be processed.
For more information regarding Subdivision and Development Appeals, please contact the Planning and Development Department or Subdivision and Development Appeal Board Clerk at 780-514-2200.