Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Drone Rules & Regulations
Please fly your drones responsibly!
The following information is from Transport Canada
If you fly your drone for fun and it weighs more than 250 g and up to 25 kg, you do not need special permission from Transport Canada to fly.
Follow the basic safety rules below. Not doing so may put lives, aircraft and property at risk. If you fly where you are not allowed or choose not to follow any of the rules below, you could face fines of up to $3,000.
Do not fly your drone:
- higher than 122 m above the ground
- closer than 75 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people/crowds
- closer than 5.6 km from airports
- closer than 1.6 km from heliports
- within controlled or restricted airspace
- within nine km of a forest fire
- where it could interfere with police or first responders
- near advertised events (concerts, parades, etc.)
- near other aircraft (airplanes, helicopters, and other drones)
- at night or in clouds
- if you can’t keep it in sight at all times
- if you are not within 500 m of your drone
- if you do not have a valid drone pilot certificate
- if your name, address, and telephone number are not clearly marked on your drone
- if your drone is unregistered
For full rules and regulations please visit:
For updated drone safety regulations visit:
To view professionally illustrated guides on drone use in Canada visit:
To watch videos about drone safety and flight preparation visit: