Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Drayton Valley Early Childhood Development Centre
5024 48th Street, Drayton Valley AB T7A 1E1
The Province of Alberta has announced that Drayton Valley’s Early Childhood Development Centre has been chosen to participate in a pilot program that will offer child care at the rate of $550.00/month based on the provincial grant standard of $25.00/day. The full announcement can be viewed here.
Vermilion Energy recognizes the important role that quality early childhood development plays in poverty reduction and prevention.
We are excited that they will be continuing their partnership with us and providing funding for our V-Powered Kids program!
The ECDC would like to acknowledge and thank the generous companies who sponsor programs at the ECDC and the contributions they make to support families and children at the Centre. Click here to read more about the programs and the companies who support them!
The ECDC has Child Care Spaces Available!
We are accepting registrations for children ages 12 months – 6yrs
Part Time Kindergarten Available
Call today to register your child: 780-514-2248
Hours of Operation
Year round, for children ages 12 mos – 6 yrs.
Monday- Friday 7:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Please note the following government statutory holidays when the ECDC will be closed:
- New Year’s Day
- Family Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Heritage Day (August Long weekend)
- Labor Day
- Remembrance Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
The child care centre is closed the week of Christmas for yearly maintenance.
The centre is also closed for THREE Professional Development Days in the year. (These dates are announced in the September newsletter to parents).
The Drayton Valley Early Childhood Development Centre is accepting registrations. To find out more about the ECDC contact the Program Manager at 780.514.2248.
For more information please see the Early Childhood Development Centre Handbook
The Drayton Valley Early Childhood Development Centre is located in the heart of our community. You will find it nestled amongst a playground, Splash Park and the Park Valley Pool. Our Centre provides a safe and caring family atmosphere reinforcing our vision and goals.
“The Early Childhood Development Centre is committed to providing a quality child care program which will address the full development of each child being cared for.”
Goals of the Early Childhood Development Centre:
Goals for the children:
- To provide an environment that encourages and motivates on all levels: cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development;
- To provide a nurturing environment for children;
- To foster a sense of self-worth in each child;
- To recognize the importance of the individuality of each child;
- To treat each child with respect and understanding;
- To provide optimum nutrition for every child;
- To give the child optimum opportunity to experiment, explore, and discover for himself / herself as much as possible in the environment.
Goals for the parents:
- To provide resources and guidance to parents and caregivers that supports the healthy development of their children;
- To mobilize community resources to provide additional required care for children served by the Centre.
Canadian Child Care Federation
services and programs for direct service providers, child care organizations, educational institutions, government policy makers and public opinion leaders.
Child Care Resource and Research Unit
resources on children and families with an extensive library of online documents in the areas of children and families.
Seeds of Empathy
fosters social and emotional competence and early literacy skills and attitudes in children three to five years of age while providing professional development for their educators.