Hosts should do the following:
- Frequently clean and disinfect high-touch/shared surfaces.
- Use a “wipe-twice” method to clean and disinfect. Wipe surfaces with a cleaning agent to clean off soil and wipe again with a disinfectant.
- Encourage shoppers to avoid unnecessary handling of items:
- Develop strategies to minimize the handling of objects between multiple shoppers and ensure frequent cleaning and disinfecting of these objects.
Shoppers should do the following:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or alcohol-based hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol before and after handling any items at the sale.
- Take the following steps with any purchased items:
- Soft-surface items, or other items that cannot be cleaned and disinfected should be isolated for a period of 24 hours.
- Hard-surfaced items, or items which can be laundered should be cleaned and disinfected.