Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Waste Collection FAQ
Click the + to expand the answers to the frequently asked questions.
When is collection day?
Proper cart placement
Your cart should be on the street with the wheels against the curb.
For residents with back alley pick up, ensure there is 1 meter of clearance around your cart. This will give the truck enough room to pick up the cart safely.
Place your your cart so the arrow on the lid points toward the street/alley
Place your cart so that there is at least 1 metre (3 ft) of space between your
carts and other objects (e.g. parked cars, power poles, utility boxes)
Leave 3 meters (10 ft) of space above the carts. If carts are placed underneath
a tree, or power line they cannot be collected safely
Do I take my waste cart if I move?
Please do not take your cart with you. They remain the property of the Town of Drayton Valley and are assigned to residences rather than people. If you need a cart at your new
residence, please call the Town Office at 780-514-2200
Can I label my waste cart?
You can write your address on the side of the totes with a permanent marker. This will
help identify your cart if they ever go missing or need repairs.
We recommend noting your totes serial number incase it goes missing. If your cart is stolen, having this number will help the RCMP return your waste tote to you.
DO NOT put your name on the totes as they are assigned to specific addresses rather than people.
Who can I contact if I have questions or concerns
We encourage you to contact the provider directly with any questions or concerns.
Can Pak Environmental Inc.
780- 515-8999 | email@example.com
You can also contact the Town Office at:
780- 514-2200 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Why wasn’t my cart picked up on collection day?
As per the Town of Drayton Valley’s Waste Management Bylaw
Tote cart collection service will not be provided if:
- the container is not a proper container supplied by the Town
- Lids on the cart are not closed and material is overflowing
- there is loose material not placed in the cart, or materials are placed beside or in front of the cart
- the cart is obstructed or improperly placed
- the cart contains restricted or prohibited materials
Tips to ensure that your waste is collected
Preparation of Waste Matter for Collection
- All Waste Materials will be deposited in the Container designated and supplied by the Town for Waste Materials but limited to the capacity of the Container with the lid closed.
Collection, Location, Storage and Scheduling
- The collection location of the cart shall be the front street and curbside where lane access is not available
- Place the cart at the front of the premises immediately adjacent to the curb and/or sidewalk, but not to exceed 1.50 meters from the property line
- Where lane pickup is available, the cart shall be located at the rear of the property within 1.50 meters from the property line
- Carts must be a least 1.0 meter from everything around it
- Place in back lane or at front curb by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day
- Place your cart so that there is at least 1 metre (3 ft) of space between your carts and other objects (e.g. parked cars, power poles, utility boxes)
- Leave 3 meters (10 ft) of space above the carts. If carts are placed underneath a tree or power line they cannot be collected safely
- Place your cart so the arrow on the lid points toward the street/alley
- Please remove your carts from the roadway by 9:00 pm on collection day
- Ensure the lid on the waste cart is fully closed.
My waste cart has been stolen
If you believe that your tote has been stolen, please call the RCMP to report the theft.
The police report can be presented to Public Works who will work with the contractor to have a new tote delivered.