Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Zero Fee Tuition
Offered through the Town of Drayton Valley, the Zero Fee Tuition concept aims to increase post-secondary opportunities for students and provide options for extended studies for mature students and those looking to upgrade or considering a new career path.
Partnerships with Northern Lakes College, the University of Alberta, Delmar College, Olds College, and the Health Care Aide Academy allow for a diverse program offering in our community!
Students who enroll in programs that are offered through one of Drayton Valley’s post-secondary institution partners that result in a credential are eligible to receive funding through the Zero Fee Tuition Assistance Program. Click here to read the full Zero Fee Tuition Assistance Policy
Current Program Eligibility:
- Health Care Aide Academy: Health Care Aide Program
- Delmar College: Professional Hairstyling – Online
- University of Alberta Faculty of Extension certificate or diploma programs
- Northern Lakes College certificate or diploma programs
- Olds College Business Management Certificate program
To be eligible for tuition funding consideration, applicants must prove their residence at an address located in the Town of Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada. This proof of residency requirement will be confirmed through Driver’s License or other valid government issued ID, such as a passport. Other proof of residency documentation could include a current lease agreement or utility bill. While funding priority will be given to residents, applicants residing outside of the Town of Drayton Valley may be eligible for funding for post-secondary programs/ courses that include an in-person component at the CETC or other training facility within the Town of Drayton Valley.
The Town of Drayton Valley may fund tuition costs for eligible post-secondary education courses within a program offered by partner institutions that results in or transfers to a locally or nationally recognized certification. Non-tuition related costs (e.g., fees, supplies, books, etc.) are not eligible for funding through this program.
The Town of Drayton Valley will consider funding post-secondary tuition for individuals after other funding options have been exhausted (including, but not limited to, federal, provincial, and local grants/ bursaries). In the case where other funding options are available, the Town of Drayton Valley may consider paying the remainder of the tuition costs not covered by those other funding options.
Proof of program admission and course enrolment as well as application(s) & decisions for other funding opportunities and/or documentation from the institution on behalf of the student stating that the student does not qualify/ only partially qualifies for other funding options, may be required.
Questions or general inquires can be directed to:
Education Consortium Coordinator
GOALS OF THE ZERO FEE INITIATIVE
- Creating hope and opportunities in education by removing barriers that prevent students from attaining a post-secondary education.
- Providing an alternative to post-secondary education in a big city. Drayton Valley offers a high quality of life with a small town vibe! With lower rental rates and a variety of indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities in a close knit community, Drayton Valley is the perfect community to expand your educational horizons!
- Growing and diversifying the local economy. Bringing students into the community provides opportunities for existing businesses as well as entrepreneurs looking to cater to a new customer base.
- The promise of an optimistic future filled with opportunity for residents of Drayton Valley and our surrounding communities.
A NEW FUTURE FOR OUR COMMUNITY!
This is the first program of its kind in Canada, and we’re so proud that Drayton Valley is creating a new future for our community!
THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT
The world is changing, and so is the Town of Drayton Valley. With our Zero Fee Tuition Program, we hope to inspire a new generation of students. With programs looking to jump start future careers, our goal is to create a bright future for the people of Drayton Valley.