Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Zero Fee Tuition Program
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
See below for eligible courses
Register online at www.applyalberta.ca
The Town of Drayton Valley is excited to bring forward a Zero Fee Tuition pilot program at the Clean Energy Technology Centre (CETC) beginning in September 2019.
Offered through the Town of Drayton Valley, the Zero Fee Tuition concept aims to increase post-secondary opportunities for students and provide options for extended studies for mature students and those looking to upgrade or considering a new career path.
This opportunity is now open to students in Alberta!
Goals of the Zero Fee Initiative
- Creating hope and opportunities in education by removing barriers that prevent students from attaining a post-secondary education.
- Providing an alternative to post-secondary education in a big city. Drayton Valley offers a high quality of life with a small town vibe! With lower rental rates and a variety of indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities in a close knit community, Drayton Valley is the perfect community to expand your educational horizons!
- Growing and diversifying the local economy. Bringing students into the community provides opportunities for existing businesses as well as entrepreneurs looking to cater to a new customer base.
There are 3 programming streams available for students.
- Arts & Science Certificate Program, creates a pathway for students who plan to continue to further post-secondary study. Register online at www.applyalberta.ca
- Power Engineering Prep provides an opportunity to upgrade Mathematics and Physics grades to meet the pre-requisites for Level 4 Power Engineering. Register online www.applyalberta.ca
- Health Care Aide Program provides students with a pathway to the work place. Register online www.applyalberta.ca.
Arts & Science Certificate Program
This eight-month program will focus on the Social Sciences so students can enter year two of a General Arts program at a university. The program is made up of 10 3-credit courses, earning the student 30 university transfer credits.
In addition to transferring to a university, students can also receive advance credit for courses toward NorQuest College diploma programs.
Power Engineering Preparation
This one-term program, offered 2 evenings per week, allows learners to upgrade their Mathematics 0301 and Physics 030 marks to enter Power Engineering at NAIT. The current competitive entry is an average of 70% or higher in English 30-1/0301, Math 30-1/0301, Physics 30/030, and Chemistry 30/030.
Health Care Aide Program
This 8-month program is designed to prepare learners for certification as unregulated care providers to work in a variety of care settings including, but not restricted to, continuing care (home, facility, and supportive), community living, stable acute care, and mental health programs.
The new curriculum ensures students are equipped with the required knowledge and skills of current health trends and standards to provide safe and effective care.
Questions or general inquires can be directed to: email@example.com