Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Zero Fee Tuition Program
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
See below for eligible courses
Register online at www.applyalberta.ca
As first introduced to the community during the Open House on February 12, 2019, the Town of Drayton Valley is excited to bring forward a Zero Fee Tuition pilot program at the Clean Energy Technology Centre (CETC) beginning in September 2019. The information shared during the Open House includes a survey that remains open for feedback. Completed surveys can be returned to email@example.com or in person at the CETC.
Offered through the Town of Drayton Valley, the Zero Fee Tuition concept aims to increase post-secondary opportunities for students and provide options for extended studies for mature students and those looking to upgrade or considering a new career path.
This opportunity is open to local students of Drayton Valley with an ability to extend enrollment to all of Alberta and Canada (permanent residents or citizens).
Goals of the Zero Fee Initiative
- Create hope and opportunities to residents
- Grow and diversify the local economy
- Increase local, provincial and national student enrollment
There will be 3 programming streams available for students.
- The first stream, Arts & Science Certificate Program, creates a pathway for students who plan to continue to further post-secondary study. Register online at www.applyalberta.ca
- Power Engineering Prep provides an opportunity to upgrade Mathematics and Physics grades to meet the pre-requisites for Level 4 Power Engineering. Register online www.applyalberta.ca
- COMING SOON! The Health Care Aide program provides students with a pathway to the work place. Online registration is not yet available.
Arts & Science Certificate Program
This eight-month program will focus on the Social Sciences so students can enter year two of a General Arts program at a university. The program is made up of 10 3-credit courses, earning
the student 30 university transfer credits.
In addition to transferring to a university, students can also receive advance credit for courses toward NorQuest College diploma programs.
Power Engineering Preparation
This one-term program, offered 2 evenings per week, allows learners to upgrade their Mathematics 0301 and Physics 030 marks to enter Power Engineering at NAIT. The current competitive entry is an average of 70% or higher in English 30-1/0301, Math 30-1/0301, Physics 30/030, and Chemistry 30/030.
COMING SOON! Health Care Aide Program
This 8-month program is designed to prepare learners for certification as unregulated care providers to work in a variety of care settings including, but not restricted to, continuing care (home, facility, and supportive), community living, stable acute care, and mental health programs.
The new curriculum ensures students are equipped with the required knowledge and skills of current health trends and standards to provide safe and effective care.
Questions or general inquires can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org