Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Zero Fee Tuition Program
The Town of Drayton Valley is excited to announce the launch of the Zero Fee Tuition pilot program in Drayton Valley! Courses began January 6, 2020 in Business Administration and Health Care Aide.
Offered through the Town of Drayton Valley, the Zero Fee Tuition concept aims to increase post-secondary opportunities for students and provide options for extended studies for mature students and those looking to upgrade or considering a new career path.
Preparations are underway for the winter of 2021, and we will be announcing those programs mid 2020.
Join us on April 2, 2020 at the Clean Energy Technology Centre from 4:00 – 7:00 pm for an Open House!
Information will be available on courses being offered in Winter 2021, as well as information on pre-requisites and how to apply! Come see the Norquest College Drayton Valley Campus and find out how you can take advantage of the Zero Fee Tuition program!
Goals of the Zero Fee Initiative
- Creating hope and opportunities in education by removing barriers that prevent students from attaining a post-secondary education.
- Providing an alternative to post-secondary education in a big city. Drayton Valley offers a high quality of life with a small town vibe! With lower rental rates and a variety of indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities in a close knit community, Drayton Valley is the perfect community to expand your educational horizons!
- Growing and diversifying the local economy. Bringing students into the community provides opportunities for existing businesses as well as entrepreneurs looking to cater to a new customer base.
There are 2 programming streams available for students.
- Business Administration (First Year of Studies Only) diploma program provides a strong foundation for any business career you might choose. Register online www.applyalberta.ca
- Health Care Aide Program (FULL) provides students with a pathway to the work place. Register online www.applyalberta.ca.
NorQuest’s program integrates practical learning experiences with unique content for a truly different business program. The practical and intensive training throughout the program helps our graduates become in-demand job candidates.
Click here for a printable fact sheet about the Business Administration Program!
Health Care Aide Program (FULL)
This 8-month program is designed to prepare learners for certification as unregulated care providers to work in a variety of care settings including, but not restricted to, continuing care (home, facility, and supportive), community living, stable acute care, and mental health programs.
The new curriculum ensures students are equipped with the required knowledge and skills of current health trends and standards to provide safe and effective care.
Click here for a printable fact sheet about the Health Care Aide Program!
Questions or general inquires can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org