Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
Yellow Fish Road
Town Council is excited to bring the Yellow Fish RoadTM Program to Drayton Valley!
Storm drains are the doorways to our rivers, lakes and streams!
RAIN ONLY should go DOWN the drain!
Yellow Fish Selfie Contest – May 17-30!
From May 17-30, 2019 we encourage you to get out in the community and find one of the yellow fish painted next to a storm drain. Take a selfie with it and be entered into a draw to win one of two great prizes!
Here’s how to participate:
- Take a photo of yourself with a Yellow Fish painted on one of the storm drains around Drayton Valley
- Upload your photo to Instagram and use the hashtag “#mydraytonvalley”
Watch and encourage others as they share their photos! Two winners will be announced on May 31, 2019 on the Town’s Instagram and Facebook accounts!
Volunteers were out in the community on May 16 painting yellow fish symbols with the words “Rain Only” next to storm drains and distributed informative fish-shaped brochures to nearby households.
This campaign served to educate the public about the impact of pollution entering our storm drains and how storm water pollution can harm fish, wildlife and reduce our water quality.
The Yellow Fish RoadTM program gives children and youth a first-hand experience to learn about their water supply and the impact their community has on the supply of clean water.
To learn more about the program, check out our brochure!
- providing authorization to the Town of Drayton Valley and its agents permission to utilize your photographic image(s) in its public relations and communication materials (published and/or printed), which may include (but are not limited to): photo calendars, public internet pages, advertising collateral, electronic media, promotional materials and the like.
- releasing and holding harmless the Town of Drayton Valley and their agents, employees, officials, representatives and contractors from any and all responsibility or liability for damage of any kind suffered in any manner whatsoever related to the use of your photographic image(s) as contemplated herein.
- relinquishing any an all personal or proprietary rights you may have in connection with such use of your photographic image. You understand that you will receive no compensation should any photograph of yourself be used or published.