Council VideosWatch All Videos
In order to add items, you'll need to create an account on the site. To do this, click on Log In.
As of the end of day May 5th, 2021 the Drayton Valley/Brazeau County area has 88 active cases of COVID-19. 383 people have recovered. For up-to-date information, including an interactive map click here.
As of May 5, 2021, additional COVID-19 health restrictions came into effect for regions with at least 50 cases per 100,000 people and at least 30 active cases. This includes Brazeau County.
These restrictions will be in place for at least 3 weeks, and include the following:
- All indoor gatherings remain prohibited
- All outdoor social gatherings must be limited to no more than 5 people and a maximum of 2 household cohorts
- Mandatory physical distancing must be maintained at all times between members of different households
- All indoor sport, performance and recreation activities for youth and adults are prohibited
- Indoor fitness and recreation facilities must close, including for 1-on-1 training.
- All outdoor sports and recreation activities are prohibited, except with members of your household, or your two close contacts if you live alone. This includes:
- all group physical activities, such as team sports, fitness classes, training sessions
- all one-on-one lessons and training activities
- all practices, training and games
- Outdoor recreation facilities can remain open unless specifically closed by public health order
- Retails services must limit customer capacity to 10% of fire code occupancy (not including staff)
- Shopping mall capacity limits will exclude common area square footage
- Curbside pick-up, delivery and online services are encouraged
Personal and Wellness Services:
- Personal and wellness services, including hair salons, barbers, nail salons, estheticians, tattoos and piercing, must close
Places of Worship:
- Faith Services are limited to 15 in-person attendees
- Physical distancing between households must be maintained at all times
- virtual or online services are strongly recommended
- Drive-in services where people do not leave their vehicles and adhere to guidance are allowed
- 10 people maximum for funerals, including participants and guests
- Funeral receptions are not permitted
- Any workplace, except camps and essential and critical services, with transmission of 3 or more cases will be required by health officials to close for 10 days
- Any workplace that does not comply will be subject to enforcement
- Working from home remains mandatory unless the employer required the employee’s physical presence to operate effectively
- Where at work for operational effectiveness, employees must mask for all indoor settings, except in work stations or where two-metre physical distancing or adequate barriers are in place
View the full details at https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
The Town of Drayton Valley is taking the COVID-19 pandemic seriously and are following the advice and safety measures from Alberta Health Services and will be following the mandates from the Government of Alberta as well as the Government of Canada in order to mitigate the spread of the virus.
The health and wellness of our residents and visitors remains of the utmost importance, and the Town is taking every precaution to promote prevention. Additionally, we are closely monitoring all information from Alberta Health Services and the Provincial authorities and will be heeding all actions to mitigate the impact of the virus in our community.
We want to assure the public that the Town has plans in place to ensure that essential services continue without interruption.
Full details on the province’s new restrictions can be found at https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#jumplinks-0
If you have any questions, contact the Town at 780-514-2200.