Park Valley Pool
Park Valley Pool
Fees and pass information:
Recorded schedule, call 780-514-2220.
Administration, call 780-514-2225
Park Valley Pool is a well-maintained indoor swimming pool. It’s 25 metres long with five swimming lanes, and it features a ramp entry into a wading area, two slides, a Tarzan rope, a hot tub and a viewing area with concession machines. It truly has something for everyone.
Built in 1985, Park Valley Pool is a facility for all ages and abilities. Our goal is to promote water safety in-and-around the water and to promote an active, healthy lifestyle. Well-rounded aquacize programs are offered for everyone from six-month-old babies to seniors.
- Weekly aquacize classes, which have gotten positive comparisons to programs in Toronto, Victoria and New York
- All Red Cross and Life Saving Lessons, including Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross, Swim Patrol, AEC and NLS
- Synchronized swimming lessons
- The Junior Lifeguard Club
- The Winter Swim Club (DVSC – competitive swimming)
- The Summer Swim Club (Neptunes – competitive swimming)
- The Lane Swimming Club and the 100-mile Swim Club
- Leisure swimming, including lane swimming, Preschool Plunge and family swims
- Adult lessons
- Challenging the boat exam. It’s $1.00 to challenge - if you pass, pay an additional $39 for certification.
Park Valley Pool is home to two competitive swim clubs: The SWAT (winter swim club) and The Neptunes (summer swim club). It is also home to the Mermaids Synchronized Swimming Club. Year-round swimming lessons, programs, leisure swims and special events keep customers coming back. Come in and have a look - you'll like what
Our Birthday Bashes include a birthday cake (either ice cream or regular), juice, napkins, cups, plates, invitations and swimming for the birthday child and 10 guests. This is not a private rental, but the parties are held during quieter swim periods.
Special Event Swims
Special event swims are held on school and seasonal holidays. Watch the press for details.
Together with Brazeau County we are examining the possibility of bringing a new aquatic facility to the community. To see a copy of the concept design report click here.